Thursday, April 2, 2009

Stupid PCOS Diet

Ok, since I posted an entry on my fab banana bread now its time for a little whining. See I have PCOS this syndrome that effects my endocrine system and causes me to be insulin resistant. It also causes amongst the many symptoms infertility and makes it very hard for you to lose weight (especially in the tummy area). My darling husband and I have been trying to conceive another child pretty much since Ash was born with no luck.

This is where the diet comes in.

See my lovely OB/Gyn told me that if you lose as little as 11% of your body weight it can regulate your cycles and get you to ovulate. After 2 1/2 yrs of TTC last time I lost my 11% and conceived Ash on no fertility meds. So about 3 weeks ago I decided to give it a shot again.

So I use the website www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate to keep track of what I eat and how many calories I should eat to continue to lose weight. I don't follow any of the "fad" diets, I just eat as healthily as possible and keep my carbs and sugar down. I also try and eat as many raw foods as possible with a lot of fiber. Let me tell you I do feel way more energy and feel great when eating good.

It's just so darn hard. Especially with a rail thin husband who eats, and I'm not exaggerating, 5 times the calories I do a day and doesn't gain anything. The man is constantly snacking, barely eats any fruits or veggies, and could polish off an entire 1/2 gallon of ice cream a night if our budget allowed. I also have two young children (plus my niece who's over all week), and its very hard not to eat what they don't finish off of their plates.

In comes the banana bread. See I bake this divine smelling bread, but alas it does not fit into my diet. If I ate even the smallest piece my blood sugar would skyrocket. So as fast as its baked it gets divided up into servings and either packed in lunches, frozen, or put out of sight.

But I am doing good. I have lost 12 lbs already and I will not break my diet tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment