Sunday, October 25, 2009

People in Glass Houses Shouldn't Throw Stones...

***WARNING: Pretty bitchy, self impowering rant ahead. If your not in the mood skip this post***

I will do what my heart tells me is right.

I will do what I would not be afraid to admit to my children.

I will speak my mind.

I will not be told how I am allowed to react to things.

I will 'do unto others as I would have them do unto me'.

I will not fear the temper tantrum that seems to follow me speaking my mind.

I have learned a lot of things in my 27 years on this earth. One of the most important is that I am very resilient and can 'pick myself up by my bootstraps' when need be. I have restarted my life once as an adult of 21, went through a horrible divorce and remade myself. I know I am strong and that I make good decisions. There is nothing in my life that I am ashamed of, nothing I will have any problem discussing with my daughters when the time is right. I will not have anyone try and shame me for my thoughts or my reactions. I speak from the heart, my ideals may not mesh with yours but that does not make them wrong. Yes, I have a temper, you can blame it on my Irish ancestry if you wish. Do not fault me for it. Ignore it if you must, I'm sure if you hide your head little ostrich it will go away.

I'm very sick of wasting my time conforming to others ideals and behavior patterns, hoping that others do the same. I wish I could have no conscience for just one day...I would really like to see how it felt to care about nothing but myself. But see I even feel guilty wishing for that.

I'm sorry for the rant, just needed a little space to vent.

No comments:

Post a Comment