Friday, October 16, 2009

The Mommy Confessions- Nutritionally Deficient Mama

The Mommy Confessions
I haven't done a confession in awhile, so here goes nothing. I have been having a rough time with my husband being gone for 4 weeks at a time, and unfortunately my kids nutrition is suffering. I am depressed - I'm not going to lie. So instead of baking fresh bread and spending each day cooking some great masterpiece, I've been going the convieniece route. No not fast food but easily made processed food like spaghetti sauce from a jar and noodles or hot dogs and mac n cheese.

I feel so guilty.

It doesn't help that the 20 month old has completely sworn off veggies. I try and cut them in small pieces and hide them in things but to no avail. She can sniff out veggies faster than my dog pulls his antibiotics out of a meatball. My older daughter has great eating habits and will at least try everything put in front of her, so I have no worries she'll come down with scurvy.

That is my goal for the week up coming. Come up with simple healthy meals that I can make and freeze the extras for the days I'm feeling a little lazy. That and keeping the house on my level of clean, which it really hasn't been since before I got sick.

If anyone has recipes that their picky toddlers approve of send a link my way. I feel I can use all the help I can get now.

No comments:

Post a Comment