Friday, July 24, 2009

Shepherds Pie with a Twist

The amount of ingredients you will need will depend on how big your dish is so no amounts have been placed.

Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Frozen veggies (I like peas and corn)
Al dente cooked pasta (I prefer penne)
Browned ground beef
Parmesean Cheese
Spices


I cook my pasta first (make sure its still a little crunchy in the center so it doesn't overcook when baking). I mix it with a little garlic butter and season with spices and place it at the bottom of the pan. I then grate fresh parmesean over the top of it.


I brown my ground beef and drain all the grease off of it. I tend to brown the beef with a little garlic and chopped onion mixed in (and of course I season it). It gets added to the top of the pasta in the pan.

Now its time to add the frozen veggies. Leave them frozen so they don't become soft during the baking process and they add a little moisture to the dish.

Finally top the layers with your garlic mashed potatoes (this is a great way to use up left over mashed potatoes). Brush the top with egg white and put in the oven to bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 30 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment